Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Harper's Gaffe or non-Gaffe?

So, today Harper said a Conservative Party government would re-open the same-sex marriage debate.

Calgary Grit has a good post on this issue and I think he gets the analysis right on the strategery on this move.

I think the impact of this statement is directly proportionate to the amount of media attention it gets. I think it really only has any effect on those for whom this issue is paramount, people like me.... It will either solidify support for or opposition to Harper. It is a wedge issue, but it is not as powerful here as it is south of the 49th.

But.... if it were possible to get a group of protesters to dog Harper at every turn, turning the issue into a human rights issue, I think it could keep the issue at the fore-front of the campaign and in the media. With a little luck, it could become the issue of the campaign.....

Anyone willing to pay me 2 months salary to organize this?

A.L.

BTW I get paid currently in USD$.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home