Tuesday, December 20, 2005

It's a good day in Indy

Merged police force, gay rights approved | IndyStar.com

It is a good day for progressive politics, pragmatism, and human rights in Indianapolis today.

I hadn't really been following this story as it progressed, and so I was pleasantly surprised this morning to read the front page story.

It is now a little safer to be a gay or lesbian Hoosier living in Indianapolis. You can rest assured that you will not be evicted, or fired simply for being gay/lesbian.

As for the police force, I have been saying since I moved here the first time in 1999 that it seemed silly to have two police forces patrolling the same jurisdiction. But hey what did I know!

A.L.

1 Comments:

At 5:57 PM, Blogger A.L. said...

Um, hey maybe because the lifestyles you mention are ILLEGAL!

A.L.

P.S. Please don't post your comments here again, your intolerance is not welcome.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home