Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Martin steps down as Liberal leader.... and oh yeah, that guy Stephen is PM 22.

CBC News: Harper wins Tory minority government, Martin stepping down as leader

Martin stepped down as leader of the Liberal party tonight...

Comments from the CBC panel:

"Paul Martin at his best!" John Manley

"He did absolutely the best thing (for his party)... he's stepping down with grace." Ed Broadbent

Not much I can add to that....

He showed his best side tonight, when faced with supreme adversity he showed true integrity. He did what is best for the party....

Total numbers not in yet, but let the renewal begin!

A.L.

2 Comments:

At 12:43 PM, Blogger doggerelblogger said...

I absolutely agree. And I also think the Tory minority is fantastic news for Canada.

 
At 1:44 PM, Blogger guy goode said...

I wasn't able to hear Manley or Broadbent, but what exactly was the context of "Martin at his best"? That kills me. Did he have trouble keeping his excitement down?

I would love it if Manley took the leadership. The next election we could then see during the televised debates Harper and Manley, two men who us the same barber.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home