Wednesday, June 07, 2006

I am not afraid .ca

Warren Kinsella has set an idea in motion, one that I think gives everyone an opportunity to do something in response to the foiling of the alleged terrorist plot in Canada. See below for his June 6, blog entry.

Further developments and information are already on his site with more to come.

Eventually, look for iamnotafraid.ca which will be a site for artistic, personal responses and it will also likely be the site for information about the proposed event/march/Jay's game.

A good idea.

June 6, 2006 - After getting back from Brant last night - where Kiriakos and I gave a political talk - I watched the news. It was very disturbing.

So I got an idea (which someone else has undoubtedly thought of first). The alleged terrorists apparently wanted to target the busy Skydome-CN Tower-Convention Centre area in downtown Toronto. That's what terrorists want to do, naturally: scare people, and keep them from doing what is normal.

So here's what I suggest: we all organize a trip to see a Jays game, and wave the flag, and wear a few T-shirts bearing a defiant message. Remember what we saw after the London bombings? WE ARE NOT AFRAID. Remember that? It was the right thing to do.

I say: let's all go to a ball game - and show no one's afraid.

Anyone who wants to help, email me at wkinsella@hotmail.com. I think I can get my pal Dennis Mills in on this one, and maybe a few other guys, too, like Jerry Grafstein. I know a guy at Rogers who might help, too.

If you think it's a dumb idea, let me know. But I think we all need to do something positive, and maybe this would help.



Help out if you can.

A.L.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home