Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Obama vs. McCain Round #2

9:29 I have been watching and not much is really happening. One thought I have is that McCain's answers seem a little disjointed and rambling. It's also very similar to his stump speech while it seems to me that Sen. Obama's answers have more depth.

9:34 Still not much. McCain seems to want to talk about Planetariums.

9:40 Obama hits back on McCain's distorted description of Obama's tax plan.

9:41 My wife wants McCain to stop saying "My Friends," she's getting annoyed.

9:42 New Canadian federal poll numbers at Nanos.

9:47 My friend just IM'd me to say "Obama is DOMINATING. He seems to have a much better grasp of the issues." (Oops, I just said "My friend.)

9:57 McCain wants to scare people about Obama's policies.

10:06 McCain makes a snide remark about healthcare.

10:11 First Reagan is McCain's biggest hero, now it's Teddy Roosevelt?

10:14 If McCain would stop distorting Obama's words and record, then we could stick to the rules.

10:26 McCain continuing to distort. Obama was too long winded on the yes/no question on whether Russia is an evil empire.

10:28 One of these candidates is wearing a flag pin and the other is not.

10:33 McCain: "What I don't know is the unexpected."

2 Comments:

At 11:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

mccain rambling????? well we all know who you would vote for, stop drinking kool aid... if rambling was how polls work obama would win habds down....

 
At 12:05 AM, Blogger Jasen said...

The townhall format is much more effective for McCain, essentially because it isn't a debate. Both Obama and McCain can say whatever they want, stick to their talking points without much opportunity for countering. It makes for a boring debate as they mostly posture/shadowbox instead of wrestling out policy differences.

I, like your dear wife, was also getting annoyed with McCain's "my friend". When someone I don't know calls me "my friend", it borders on condescension rather than endearment.

McCain's distortions of Obama's take on Pakistan and Iraq were also annoying but I'm not sure the average American would perceive them as distortions.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home