Monday, January 16, 2006

Globe and Mail endorsement of the Conservatives

See here for yourself. Can we now stop the bullsh*t about an overall liberal bias at the Globe?

Far from a ringing endorsement. In fact, it praises the 12 years of Liberal rule as being good for Canada.

The 3 points mentioned in favour of the C's are:

1: Liberal party too long in power, now lacks coherent vision for the country.

2: There is a culture of entitlement, and the PMO still has too much power.

3: Change for change sake.

Of the three I think the 3rd is the weakest, and I can't help but agree with #1 wholeheartedly. Point 2 is murky for me (and why wouldn't it be?) I agree with the second part, the PMO most definitely has too much power in our system and this must change, and fast. The first part however I have trouble with. I absolutely disagree with anyone who claims that the entire Liberal party is corrupt. To be sure, there were corrupt individuals in the party. But the entire party corrupt? Sorry, I don't think so.

Perhaps, now that everyone and their dog thinks Harper will win this, this will now force/allow the progressive-minded folks out there to really think about how they cast their ballot.

I think it's clear. Vote for the candidate you think has the best chance to deny the Conservatives the seat. A minority Harper government is undoubtedly better for Canada than a majority.

One caveat to the above ballot advice. If you are in Quebec vote for the federalist with the best chance. I think that goes without saying. I believe it is incumbent on all of us to be patriotic before we are partisan.

That is all, carry on.

A.L.

1 Comments:

At 9:12 AM, Blogger A.L. said...

Hey Toryhitman.

If you don't want my advice, then don't come to my blog.

Did you make the same indignant comment to the Globe and Mail regarding their editorial?

They were telling you how to vote. Bet you got all pissy and told them to f-off?

Lastly, do you have the balls to create your own blog? Or are you just going to lurk around here like a troll making snide little comments?

When you are ready to make an articulate, intelligent argument then I will talk to you, but until then, save the bandwidth for intelligent comment.

To be clear, you can disagree with me, but please articulate a coherent argument.

Thanks.

A.L.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home