Friday, May 06, 2005

The Globe and Mail: Government tactics rile Tories, Bloc

The Globe and Mail: Government tactics rile Tories, Bloc

Interesting part of this whole debate for the procedural geeks like me:

Taken from the article:
Queen's University professor C.E.S. Franks, author of The Parliament of Canada, said it is "doubtful" the motion is a matter of confidence because it is essentially procedural, and "it's clear that procedural motions cannot be motions of confidence."

He said the Governor-General would have the right to intervene only if the Prime Minister ignored an explicit no-confidence motion or was defeated on the budget.

So I have to ask, what constitutes a no-confidence motion?

I will have to defer to my lawyer friends on this one. I will try to get back to you soon.....

A.L.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home