Monday, August 22, 2005

The Globe and Mail: Challenger jet took PM to fundraiser

I am beginning to wonder how smart the PM really is.... I used to think he was a very smart and ethical politician. I think I still do, but some recent events, including the one mentioned in this article have given me pause.

Where were the political advisors who didn't catch this one? Reimbursing the government after you get caught by an opposition member of Parliament is just bad optics no matter how you spin it.

I just can't believe they were that stupid.

A couple questions I have in thinking about this:

1. Which event was booked first? If the fundraiser is booked first and then the CD Howe institute event was booked afterwords there is no possible defense. If it were the other way around, maybe, just maybe, there is reason to mount a spin-op.

2. How normal is it for the PM to fly down to Toronto for the opening of an office? I would think its not that normal.... That, and it was for a public policy think tank... how is that a national priority?

NDP MP Pat Martin makes a great sound-bite, "It's just not right and no one should have to tell him so." That is the truth.

And how does the PM's staff play innocent with this when Paul reimbursed the government for the Mexico trip?

Come on folks! Smarten up!

Here's to hoping that it lasts only one news cycle....

A. Liberal

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home