Monday, January 02, 2006

A doozy of a negative Conservative ad.... Negative is almost an understatement!

Apparently this Conservative Ad ran on TSN today at approximately 4:30pm eastern (hat-tip to Jason Cherniak's CTV Election blog.

To call it a negative attack ad could be the understatement of the year! Of course, it is only January 2nd!

Anyhow... if this is a true ad, they will have beat the Liberals to the negative-airwaves. After claiming that the Liberals were the ones who would be going negative....

Curiously, the ad above is not on the list of ads on the Conservative Party website. How come?

Could it be they are not proud of it? Could it be considered legally slanderous? I am not a lawyer so I can't make that call but it sure is a mean-spirited attack ad. It is almost as if Karl Rove had something to do with it.

Now, all that said, I did not view the ad on the TSN broadcast myself. I have only watched it online so I cannot attest to the fact that it did in fact appear on broadcast TV.

There are some industrious and technologically advanced folks out there who really dislike Harper, so I am not completely ruling out the possibility this is a farce.

If it is not, and a major media outlet picks it up... this could erase much of the Tory poll-gains of the past few days.

Watch for updates.....

A.L.

1 Comments:

At 10:12 PM, Blogger Blogger said...

I've called it in my blog today, the Liberals have to start running negative ads given how they're getting hit hard by their opponents own negative ads.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home