Friday, September 14, 2007

Do religious schools really want to become CHARTER school$??

globeandmail.com: McGuinty touts public education

Here's my 2 cents on this issue.

If I were the administrator of a religious school (other than a Catholic one) I would not want tax money in support. Because I would be afraid the money would come with a string, a Charter string.

Because as I understand it, when an entity is supported by tax dollars, it becomes subject to the rules imposed by the Charter of Rights and Freedoms. So, the religious schools would be subject to Charter scrutiny if their teachings, the school environment or the personnel were discriminatory in any way.

So, do these private schools really want to become Charter schools?

I would think not!

John Tory... better luck next time.

A.L.

2 Comments:

At 12:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A.L. If you are right,then why are so many religious schools lining up to support John Tory?

JH

 
At 3:05 PM, Blogger A.L. said...

I dunno, perhaps they are too distracted by the $500 Million carrot and haven't noticed the big fat stick of the Charter.

Seems silly to me.

A.L.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home